The Business Hall of Fame started in 2005 with the posthumous induction of founding member of the T&T Chamber Joseph Leon Agostini. The very first Business Hall of Fame was a simple ceremony that took place in the Board room of T&T Chamber’s offices. The award ceremony soon outgrew its modest beginnings and evolved into an official award ceremony which now inducts a maximum of two business leaders at its annual awards event. Each year outstanding individuals are inducted into the T&T Chamber’s Business Hall of Fame; one of these persons may be inducted posthumously.
A nominee must:
- Be a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago
- Have made a significant impact as a business leader over the duration and span of their career and be recognised as an exemplary role model for future and emerging business leaders. Consideration will be given to such accomplishments as starting and building a business or leading an established business to significantly greater achievements
- Have worked to also improve the community, environment or engaged in other corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Have demonstrated their commitment to building and improving the national landscape
- Have gained industry recognition for achievements as an industry pioneer and/or leader
- Members and non members can be nominated
Please note that there are no finalists for this category.