The Entrepreneurship Award –is presented to an individual or business that has been founded within the last 10 years and which has been experiencing strong growth. The nominee must be an owner or leader of a private or public company with primary responsibility for the recent performance of the company, as well as be an active member of management. Non-founding entrepreneurs are also eligible if the individual manages the business and assumes the associated risks.
- The nominee must be a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago and the business must be registered in, and operating in Trinidad & Tobago
- The nominee’s business should still be operational and should have been registered on or after Jan 1, 2012.
- The nominee and/or business must be able to define and demonstrate the business’s Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- The nominee and/or business must have noticeably made a mark in the field.
- Please note that there will be 3 finalists for this category with 1 emerging as the winner and will be announced on the night of the finale of the Champions of Business Awards event.
- The nominee and/or business must practice good governance and responsible business practices.